INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.san-francisco-hostel.com is a site operated by Pacific Tradewinds Hostel, LLC ("We/Us"). We are California Limited Liability Company and have our registered office at 680 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, CA 94111.
ACCESSING THE SITE
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on the Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
THE SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update the Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on the Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm anyone in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards below (see below);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Site;
- any equipment or network on which the Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the Site, including, without limitation:
- chat rooms;
- bulletin boards;
- post commenting features;
- video, audio and photo uploading tools;
(the "Interactive Services").
Where we do provide any Interactive Services, we will provide information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any Interactive Services provided on the Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Services we provide on the Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Services by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not. The use of any of our Interactive Services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use the Interactive Services that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any Interactive Services should be made aware of the potential risks to them. Where we do moderate any Interactive Services, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Site ("Contributions"), and to any Interactive Services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole. Contributions must:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- be owned by you, or if owned by others, licensed to you in a manner than allows for publication on this Site;
- be authorized by those depicted in any audio, video or photos; and
- comply with applicable laws in the U.S. and in any country from which the Contributions are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abusive or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO THE SITE
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENSES
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law ￼enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of- service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKING TO THE SITE
You may link to our home page or any other page of our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. The Site must not be framed on any other site without our express permission. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of material on the Site other than that set out above, please contact us using the contact information posted at www.san-francisco-hostel.com/contact.
LINKS FROM THE SITE
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
By using this Site, you agree:
- that this Site is solely based in California;
- that these terms of service shall be governed by the laws of California, USA, without respect to conflicts of law principles;
- that any claim or dispute between you and Us shall be decided exclusively by a court located in San Francisco County, California, USA;
- if any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed invalid by a court of law, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect;
- no waiver of any term of these Terms of Service, shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of said term or any other term.
Pacific Tradewinds Hostel, Pacific Tradewinds Backpacker Hostel and Serendipitous Community are claimed trademarks of Pacific Tradewinds Hostel, LLC.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Site, please contact us using the contact information posted at www.san-francisco-hostel.com/contact.
Thank you for visiting the Site.